There is no second guessing that one can explore some of the best places to visit in Goa, considering that this tiny state exclusively party capital of India. A small state in Western India and lying in the Konkan region of the Western Ghats, this place is blessed with exotic biodiversity. From beaches to places of religious significance and to flea markets; Goa has it all. Every aspect of this party hub effuses the attributes of a perfect tourist destination.
Goa has always been a favourite destination for the people. Some of the best places to visit in Goa are Basilica of Bom Jesus, Fort Aguada, Dudhsagar Falls, Se Cathedral, Goa Chitra Museum, Mangueshi Temple, Chaporra Beach, Casino Goa and Goa Museum.
For that ultimate fun and adventure, nothing can beat Goa. Whether be it the beach night late parties or a refreshing sightseeing along with your friends this is the one place which will never dishearten you. And for the adventure seekers there is no limit for them. Go surfing, white water rafting, cruising or parasailing this place is definitely for you.
Bestowed with a moderate climate, the weather in Goa is another major attraction for being salubrious for most times of the year. Live entertainment on the beach, at shacks and on docked ships are perennial features. Music and merriment are a part and parcel of everyday existence.
If you are a nature lover, than do not miss the gushing splendour of Dudhsagar Waterfalls, the largest of its kind in the state and the fifth largest in the country. Among the fine places to visit in Goa, this cascade is especially known for its milky white appearance. It is perched high up on the Mandovi River and lies around 10 km upstream from Collem hamlet.
The beauty spills over four tires in full force amidst clusters of green and makes quite a sight. The fall is also quite a popular for trekking and lures several adventure enthusiasts for the same.
02.Spice Plantations visit
If you wish to do something beyond the beaches in Goa, you can opt for a spice plantation visit. There are packages available which involves you exploring the refreshing surroundings and also getting an insight on what all goes behind the makings of an inevitable part of Indian cuisine.
You can make a picnic out of the day. Away from the pollution and amidst the harmony of nature, the visit makes for a memorable experience.
03.Elephant And Village Plantation
Enjoy the rural scenic beauty of Goa with a fun elephant visit and village plantation tour of Goa with your friends and family! Take in the amazing sights of this beautiful countryside as you are taken along to see some of the most unique plants and flora that make this coastal town so exquisite and unique! Explore the vast green and spend a good amount of time with the big-bellied friendly elephants who will welcome you with love and joy!
04.Day out with Crocodiles at Cumbharjua
- Visit the amazing Cortalim jetty, take a boat, and go to Cumbharjua canals for watching the aquatic predators- crocodile.
- Unlike a zoo, you get to see the crocodiles at one of the biggest wetlands in Goa.
- A glimpse of the mangroves, the idea of the crocodiles lurking in the mushy wetland and the silence contributes to the mystery and adventure.
05.Date with Butterflies with Trekking
- On your exciting experience at the Butterfly Conservatory of India, walk up the On bag Forest Reserve that offers you with a beautiful collage of sights.
- The trip culminates on a vast plateau which magically transforms into carpets of wild flowers in the months of August and September. The place is recreated to be like a walk through a typical tropical forest, replete with streams and endemic plants.
Among the fascinating tourist places in Goa, Lamgau Caves is another place you can dash off to. Tucked away in Bicholim, it is situated around 35 km from north-east of Panaji. The caverns are etched out of decomposed laterite and hence quite delicate. Though incomplete, they make for quite a vision and an important educational and cultural centre.
In here lies a cave that displays an impressive pavilion appearing structure as well as beams and ceiling in the shrine. In the courtyard you will find a stone linga with a tulsi vrindavan as well as a nandi bull image. There is another cave that is mostly used as a shelter during the time of rain. The passage to this cave is a complicated one.
07.Overnight Houseboat Cruise at Chapora River
- Get picked up at around 4:30 PM from the mentioned location Panjim, Calangute, Baga and Candolim in an air conditioned shared vehicle and reach Siolim at 5:00 PM
- Head to sunset point for a magnificent view of the evening sky and also spot lots of dolphins on this cruise. Indulge in some of the indoor games like cards, chess, scramble, ludo etc.
- You will also indulge in exciting activities like line fishing, bird-watching, swimming etc. This cruise is specially
8.Cycling Tour at Old Goa
- Get Picked up from Hotel In North Goa around 9:00 AM
- Start cycling at Divja Circle, near Panaji Bus Stand.
- Embark on this amazing cycling adventure that provides you with some of the best scenic landscapes.
- Delight in the beauty of traditional houses, temples, churches and mosques, verdant greenery and the ever-present backwaters while riding through the countryside.
- Enthrall in this amazing cycling experience that provides you with a ravishing experience.
One of the captivating tourist places in Goa, Calangute Beach is constantly bustling with tourists looking for some relaxed and good times. It is located about 15 kilometers from Panaji. The largest beach in north Goa, this place especially gets flooded during winter and summer months.
There are several accommodations available here. This is where one can dabble with some water sports such as parasailing and water skiing. With Baga Beach just a hop, skip away, you can reel in some vibrant nightlife too.
The Candolim beach in North Goa is one of the most popular beaches and is in close proximity to the Aguada beach. The tranquilizing atmosphere here attracts innumerable tourists. You would find both tourists and locals, rejuvenating themselves in its mesmerising panorama. Another major attraction of the Candolim beach is its food; come and savour the delectable sea food served here.
One need not worry about the accommodation facilities at the Candolim beach, as there are several hotels, resorts and guest houses here. If you are looking for adventure and thrill, then the Candolim beach is a perfect place to indulge in the varied water sports activities like waterskiing and parasailing.