First of all let us get to know in short about the initiative undertaken by Our PM Shri Narendra Modi of Digital India.
On 1st of July 2015 Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the programme of Digital India in the National Capital. Various delegates, Industrialists, Businessmen were present who also shared their ideas/views about the digitization of the market and their benefits.
With the launch of this programme, The Government has taken a huge step towards the development and modernization of the economy and slowly changing it into a knowledge powered digitized economy. The schemes like e-education, e-health, e-locker, e-sign and National Scholarship portal are being included. These schemes approximately cost around 1 Lac crore Rupees. Program intends to make the platform available to all the citizens of the country and to encourage them to avail the facilities of digital transactions.
Impacts of digital India in mere future:-
- Broadband in 2.5 lakh villages
- Universal phone connectivity Net Zero Imports by 2020
- 400,000 Public Internet Access Points
- Wi-fi in 2.5 lakh schools, all universities; Public wi-fi hotspots for citizens
- Digital Inclusion: 1.7 Cr trained for IT
- Telecom and Electronics Jobs Job creation: Direct 1.7 Cr. and Indirect at least 8.5 Cr.
- e-Governance & eServices: Across government
- India to be leader in IT use in services – health, education, banking
- Digitally empowered citizens – public cloud, internet access
Major benefits include:-
- It will help in decreasing the crime to a great extent (Third man participation and taking bribe is considered by me as a crime)
- It will help us in getting things quickly and at ease by sitting at houses and resting on the Sofa in our day to day chores.
- It will help in reducing the documentation, Thus further reducing the cost of paper production and in a wide perspective saving tress from getting cut and enriching the environment.
- It will create (Already has created) job opportunities.
But see the irony of this nation. Such a good policy, but still many are hell bent on criticising it. A tree doesn’t grown long in a year. It takes its own time to reap the fruits right ? It’s good to criticise the policies of the government, Then only the government would function properly. But not when it is in favor of the Nation’s Interests. Indeed we should be proud of our PM who is working and has dedicated his entire life for the uplifement and betterment of the Nation.