Region :- Sikkim
Duration :- 11 Days
Grade :- Moderate To Difficult
Max Altitude :- 16,200 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 90 Kms.
Located in Sikkim, Goecha La trek is the dream and desire of the adventure lovers throughout the country! Nestled midst vibrant and colourful flora and fauna, it is also the way to the astounding Kanchenjunga National Park and its opulent beauty.
Originating from Yuksom, this trek passes through beautiful landscapes that are filled with exotic flowers and immensely attractive meadows and forests. The Rathong Chu River on the way adds more charm and appeal to the Goecha La trek.
The beautiful trail of Goecha la Trek has some of the key highlights which make the trip so stunning and spectacular among the trekking community.
- The trekking trail initiates from Yuksom town, which is a prominent destination in Sikkim for its historical significance. The rich and traditional culture of Sikkim can be well explored here. On the way one can also spot a distinctive unique style of wooden fencing close to the trail which is quite charming
- The second highlighted feature of the trek is the sight of fascinating and mesmerizing snow covered peaks of Kanchenjunga with amazing green landscapes and lush meadows at the foothills. The magnificent beauty of the third highest peak of the world is so arresting that one can spend hours eyeing its aura.
- Breathtaking views of Mount Pandim, Kabru, Rotang on the Goecha la Trek , are both astounding and captivating that forces the trekkers to visit the destination again and again
- Last but not the least, for the love of nature, this trek is ideal, since it comprises of many inspiring destinations that glorify the beauty of Mother Nature with vast array of significant wild flowers, lush oak plantation and dense rhododendron forest.
Best time for conducting Goecha la Trek
The best time to hit the hiking trails of Goecha la is in the summer season between the months of April to June or much later in Autumn during September and October. From June end till beginning of September it’s better to avoid the track, as it is the monsoon time and landslides, slippery roads, muddy tracks is quite common making it difficult and dangerous to trek. Since heavy snow marks the winter season, it should also be avoided by the trekkers. In January and February, the temperature in Goecha la region remains quite low at -20C. For the lovers of snow, the first view point of Goecha la remains under snow till early May. The temperature during summer season stays between 15C to 22C and drops at night between 7C to -1C. In September the daytime temperature stays at 10C to 15C and at night it falls between 5C to -5C.
Things To Carry
- Warm and comfortable clothes
- Good quality trekking shoes, slippers and extra pair of socks
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturizers
- Water bottles, trendy backpack and energy bars/snacks
- A pair of sunglasses and camera
- Caps or hats
- Personal toiletries and basic medication (if any)
- Flash light (with spare batteries)