Lots of people get heartburn very often. People think heartburn is just normal, but it can have very serious consequences. It is caused by
Easing acid reflux symptoms temporarily with medication or over the counter drugs is not a cure. It only gives short term relief. Here, we suggest some natural remedies for reducing acid reflux. The food we take effect the amount of acid our stomach produces. So eating the right kind of food specifically alkaline food is key to controlling acid reflux. Follow these steps further:
- Start your day with one glass of water that in a way is the process to take your morning saliva into your stomach. It is very alkaline in nature and heals up stomach lining and also neutralize the acidic medium of the stomach.
- Keep in mind to always drink water in a sitting posture.
- I think what we eat is just as important as how much we eat, over-eating can worsen any acid reflux.
- Avoid fruits like tomatoes, oranges, pineapple, grape fruit and citrus juices. Basically any acidic fruits or vegetables.
- Avoid eating raw onions, too much garlic and use honey in the place of sugar.
- Eat a good amount of almonds as they are very much alkaline in nature.
- Introduce jaggery in your daily meal meals. Try to have some jaggery after every meal. It gives a quick remedy to acidity.
- When the pain of heartburn strikes we need quick solution. At that time, apple cider vinegar act as magical drink. Add 2 tsp of vinegar to ¼ cup of normal water and drink it or u can eat jaggery too at that time.
- Introduce vegetables like green beans, broccoli, leafy greens, cucumber, potatoes, in your daily meal but make sure to cook them in very less oil.
- Totally avoid milk, tea, coffee, cheese, ice cream, butter. You may consume curd in the form of butter milk, though.
- If you are non-vegetarian then only eat grilled, baked, poached chicken, fish and sea food. Egg white is good healthy option.
- Ginger is a super-food to cure acid reflux. Drink ginger tea twice a day. The making of ginger tea is the key. Boil one cup of water with 1 spoon of grated ginger and let it simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, strain it and add one teaspoon honey.
- Last but not the least sleep on your left side and don’t eat before 4 hours of going to bed.
Follow this diet plan at least for 3 to 4 weeks and you will notice the difference in your health.
NOTE : If any person having acid reflux more than 4 times in a week, he/she definitely needs to go to the doctor.