Model turned Actor Rohit Saraf who was last seen in Gauri Shinde’s ‘Dear Zindagi’ will now be seen in YRF’s ‘Hichki’. This will be the 20 year old’s second bollywood outing and he already has worked with names people strive years to work with.
This break though has come after much hardwork and perseverance. Rohit who has previously modelled for big brands like KFC and Disney has been a professional dancer for 6 years and worked tirelessly at bettering his craft.
Rohit is delighted that apart from working with industry bigwigs he has got a chance to play completely different characters which allows him to showcase his versatility, commenting in the same Rohit says, “My character in ‘Hichki’ is quite different from ‘kiddo’ Dear Zindagi. I’m fortunate to work with the best and biggest in the industry, one can learn so much and I’m just trying to take in everything i can” smiles Rohit.
The actor will also be seen in 'What will people say' a internationally co-produced drama film directed and written by Iram Haq.
1. What is the significance of awards in your life?
They do mean a lot to me but they’re not a driving force. I’m more motivated by the process.
2. What has been your inspiration?
Like they say at Yash Raj, Films are forever! The fact that 50 years from now, somebody will see me in some screen somewhere is what motivates me.
3. Which movie will always stay the closest to your heart?
(Laughs) I’m two movies old, maybe I’d be able to answer this question couple of years from now.
4. How would you describe your journey?
Exciting. Enduring so far...
5. How has Bollywood treated you since the beginning? Tell us something about your first Bollywood debut - 'Dear Zindagi'.
I’ve felt very welcome. And it’s only getting better with time.
6. Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
I see myself getting busier and happier.
7. If you could hold on to one memory from your life forever, what would that be?
I’d never forget the feeling of anticipation that I had during that flight from Delhi to Bombay right after I signed my first project.
8. What lessons has your work life taught you?
Discipline. Patience. Resilience.
9. When you meet God, what do you want to say to Him?
10. A song that describes your current state of mind.
The happy song by Pharrell Williams. Haha!
11. What do you have to say about the Acting Reality Shows on TV? Do you follow any of these shows?
Unfortunately, I have not been getting time to follow a lot of television these days. But I do enjoy watching reality shows in general.
12. Which actor you adore the most?
Ratna Pathak Shah has always been my favourite. I love her!!
13. What's exciting to you about the film industry?
Being an actor is exciting. The ability to be different all at once; one life, one body yet so many different personalities, excites me.
14. How do you think the film industry can improve?
The industry is becoming a better place every day. There are film makers picking up important subjects, artists taking a stand on what they believe in and it is also welcoming to new comers and outsiders like me.
15. Have you made any close friends in this film industry?
Yes I have. Like it happens in any other work place.
16. Who is your idol?
I’m inspired by a lot of people but I do not necessarily have an idol.
17. An artist with whom you would love to act any day anytime other?
I’d love to work with with Imtiaz Ali someday.
18. What makes your day?
A good night sleep and a good meal makes my day.
19. High point of your life?
The day I could finally call myself an actor.
20. The last line of your autobiography would read…
... and then there were none.