- Venky, which SANAM music video still gives you goosebumps?
Not sure about goosebumps but I had a great time on the sets of our second music video ‘BEHKA’ as part of the SQS SUPASTARS album. Our video director, Shivraj Santhakumar (may his soul rest in peace) had a creative mind like no one else and his energy was super infectious. I also had a great time hanging with the dancers Anjali, Jessica, Giselle, Krissann, and the bumble-bee Liceria. Good times all in all.
- What is your fitness regime?
I like to do the basic stretches, push-ups, squats, and planks every day. I also practice yoga.
- An artist with whom you would love to jam any day anytime other than Sanam, Samar, and Keshav?
I love to jam with ALL musicians – I especially look forward to jams on jazz standards. I believe that there is much to learn from meeting other musicians – everyone has a unique way of perceiving/performing a standard.
- What makes your day?
A fresh cup of coffee - I prefer to use a Moka pot and I try to grind the beans just before brewing it.
- A high point of your life?
Making music a career.
- The last line of your autobiography would read…
The pursuit of happiness lies in living in the moment.
- If you weren't a member of SANAM, you would be... ?
A professional musician. Or I’d be working in finance or events. Or both.
- "Behind every man's success, there's a woman." Would you agree?
True. I’d like to say that whatever I know about Indian Film music is because of mum who loved to watch TV. I guess that’s why I’m familiar with a lot of the classics. She still loves to listen to music and whenever I’m back at home I find comfort with the sound of her tapping her foot to music.
- Do you have a thing for hats? By the way, you look the most edgy and the most fashionable member.
I’ve always liked fedoras and pork pie hats. I like to pick up hats when I travel outside the country. I even like hip hop hats and baseball caps, I might wear them more often.
- What keeps SANAM together as a band?
I guess friendship. That we know each other as friends first, and that’s what made it easy to work with each other while making music.
Do you have any messages for Venky? Let him know in the comments below!